Friday, January 3, 2014

2014, 28th and Hudson style.

Whew. 

Christmas KNOCKED me out, y'all.  For a span of about three weeks, I was up until midnight, one am or later, sitting at my kitchen table painting. 

Here's a little fun fact about me:  I cannot say no.  I will stretch myself to the very end of my limits in attempts to make people happy.  This Christmas, I did just that.  I took on an overwhelming amount of orders and made up for them in lack of sleep.

Now, on January 3rd, I am happy to say that I am completely caught up on orders.  Shipped, received, completed, I am done with Christmas 2013 orders.

Which means:  I'm ready for 2014 orders!  Bring 'em on, peoples!

That being said, there will be one big change made to the 28th and Hudson Designs business.

 I will be increasing my prices slightly.

Due to the price of materials and SHIPPING (dear Lord, shipping is ridiculously expensive), I have no choice but to increase my prices.  Prices in the past were determined by the size of the canvas.  Instead, I will be determining prices based on the difficulty of the painting.  I will list prices next to each item that's for sale...but that will be the price that is only good for that single item.  If you want a custom order, we will determine price based on the size and difficulty.  Shipping, of course, will be additional and will depend on where the item is being shipped to.

In 2014, in the spirit of New Year's Resolutions, I vow to do the following things:

1.  Have orders completed and shipped three weeks from the day that payment is received.

2.  I resolve to keep up with the blog and the Facebook page.  Pictures, posts, updates, all of it.

3.  I would like to do two craft shows this year. Glendale Days, Cecilia Days, it doesn't matter.  This past year, I only got to make paintings that people ordered.  I would like to sit down and make paintings that I've sketched out...not that anyone has ordered. 

I am deeply appreciative to each and every one of you that have ordered a painting in 2013.  Here's to hoping that 2014 will be even better!

No comments:

Post a Comment